Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Easy Low Carb Air Fryer Meatballs + the secret to using Shirataki Noodles

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures, because I was just thinking I'd whip up a quick dinner.  However, these turned out so good, moist, delicious, super easy and super quick I just had to share.  Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.  I used Grass Fed Hamburger from Von's/Safeway.  This is one of my regular meat products as I can usually get it for $5.99 a pound.  My choices with grass fed- antibiotic free meats are somewhat limited, but still I am able to make healthy and varied meals, even though it consists of a lot of ground beef.

I served this over Shirataki noodles.  If you haven't tried them yet, please do, they are excellent.  The secret to using the Shirataki noodles is to rinse them more thoroughly then you even think possible. I put them in a strainer, turn on the faucet and then pick them up, kind of separate and let the water run through them.  Smell the noodles, if you are still getting that funny fishy smell, rinse some more.  Secondly, you need to work to get them dry, as the water you've rinse them with adheres to the noodles and can water down your sauce.  I flip the noodles from the strainer into a paper towel and carefully squeeze any excess water from the noodles.  Microwave them for one minute and they're piping hot.  Top with the sauce and meatballs.  PS: if you are having a hard time finding shirataki noodles in the Grocery store, look in the refrigerated section where the won ton skins are located - it is sometimes with the produce section.

To make the sauce, I used an organic-jarred sauce with minimal carbs.  First, I chopped and browned a quarter of an Onion and the 1/4 lb of ground beef I did not use from my 1 lb package.Then put in the jarred sauce, a shake of red pepper flakes, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 oz. cream cheese (my secret to a great sauce)

Here's the recipe:

Low Carb Airfryer Meatballs:

3/4 lb. Grass Fed Ground Beef
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 egg, beaten

Preheat Airfryer to 400 degrees.
Mix ingredients together (I used my hands).  Then roll into 1 - 2 inch meatballs.  Put the meatballs in the airfryer basket and airfry for 4 minutes - open airfryer and check the results (are they nicely browned?  If so, use tongs and flip over.  Airfry for another 4 minutes.  All brown and ready?  Great take them out put them on your heated Shirataki Noodles and top with the Hot Sauce.

I cheated and pulled a picture of spaghetti and meatballs of the Internet - but this is just how my Low Carb Airfried Version looked!!



No comments:

Post a Comment